Associate Professor Position (Tenured)
Associate Professor Position Beginning April 2021
Department of International Studies, Faculty of Liberal Arts
Doshisha Women's College of Liberal Arts
The Department of International Studies, Faculty of Liberal Arts, of Doshisha Women's College of Liberal Arts, located on the Kyotanabe Campus, in southern Kyoto Prefecture, announces an opening for a tenured associate professor position to begin in April 2021.
|Field of specialty||Japanese Studies|
|Position available||Associate Professor (1 position)|
|Official title||Tenured associate professor|
|Duties and the courses to be taught||English Skills courses
Japanese Culture and Society courses
Seminars in International Studies
|Affiliation||Department of International Studies, Faculty of Liberal Arts|
|Qualifications||・Sympathetic understanding of Christianity and the founding principles of Doshisha Women's College of Liberal Arts
・PhD in related field, or equivalent.
・Native English ability, or the ability to lecture and teach in English.
・Sufficient Japanese proficiency for education and general administrative tasks.
|Salary and benefits||To be calculated according to the Doshisha Pay Scale
(Retirement age is 65 years old. Reemployment for a maximum of 5 years possible.)
|Expected starting date||April 1, 2021|
* Forms in Japanese for (1)~(3) and the directions for (1)(2) can be downloaded below.
* N.B. For (1) and (2), please also send Word or Excel files to the Department of International Studies office by email. See the homepage for further instructions.
(1) One (1) resume (*Use the official form; the applicant’s name must be handwritten.)
(2) List of publications and presentations (*Use the official form)
(3) Photograph (*4.5cm×3.5cm, showing face and shoulders, to be attached to the official form)
(4) Three (3) academic publications or dissertations (1 off-print or copy of each)
|Deadline||Application materials must be sent postmarked on or before Monday, August 31, 2020.|
|Interview date||10:00– Monday, September 21, 2020
*Applicants to be interviewed will be notified on Tuesday, September 15 after 3 P.M. Applicants who pass the initial screening will be interviewed and asked to give a 15 minute demonstration class.
|Send applications to||
Department of International Studies
For additional information, contact the Department of International Studies at
※Send application materials via registered mail (kakitome) or simplified registered mail (kan'i kakitome) clearly marked in red: “Application Documents for Teaching Position (Department of International Studies)”.
* In general, application materials will not be returned. If you would like your publications or dissertation returned, please let us know when you apply, and enclose a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope.
* Application materials will be handled carefully, with full discretion, and will be disposed of after the selection process has been completed. Personal information will not be used for purposes other than the selection, in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Law of Japan.
* The office will be closed for summer vacation from August 8 - 16, 2020.